The Global Village (GV) is a unique three-week peer-to-peer teaching internship program where you get to teach conversation classes in your mother language to small groups of Dankook University students, before continuing to the Academic Program. There is no program fee to join the Global Village and you will receive free on-campus accommodation and flight reimbursement up to US$1000.
English / Spanish / Chinese / Japanese / German / Russian / Portuguese / French / Arabic / Mongolian
- Fluent in speaking one of the listed languages
- Current undergraduate or graduate student who will attend the academic program following the GV.
- 2.5 hours x 2 sessions/day x 12 days (Monday to Friday)
- Morning (9:30am-12:00pm) & Afternoon (1:30pm-4:00pm)
- Teaching: 5 hours per day / Total: 60 hours of teaching
- Classes can be on either Jukjeon campus or Cheonan campus depending on the language taught
- Teaching peers will be assigned randomly either at the Jukjeon or Cheonan campus
- Scholarship based on your airfare up to US$1000
- Certificate of Completion
- Free accommodation during the GV period
- Orientation is mandatory for all participants
- Participants will be given guidance on leading a class and an information package containing class instruction materials, student roster, etc.
- All GV participants must attend the Academic Program afterward
- If a student decides not to go onto the Academic Program after completion of the GV or fails to successfully complete the GV, the student will not receive any benefits associated with GV participation.